We've had some excitement around the Link household the last two evenings. We've had a very special visitor knock on our door; not just once, but twice. The Kalamazoo Police have been receiving a call from a particular neighbor of ours because our cars are parked on our grass while we are waiting for our newly poured driveway to harden. The Police came not only on Monday in response to a complaint, but they were called AGAIN last night and came to speak with us one more time. I'm not sure what causes a person to call the police on a neighbor about an issue like this, but thankfully I know the One who does. "For the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts." 1 Chronicles 28:9 He knows the deeper issue of this precious neighbor's heart. He understands the motive behind the thoughts of this neighbor for whom Christ died. He has given me his wonderful truth to fight this tiny little battle with: "Be VERY CAREFUL, then, HOW YOU LIVE- NOT as UNWISE but as WISE, MAKING THE MOST OF EVERY OPPORTUNITY, because the days are evil. Therefore DO NOT BE FOOLISH, BUT UNDERSTAND WHAT THE LORD'S WILL IS.................Submit to one another OUT OF REVERENCE FOR CHRIST." Ephesians 5:15-21 * I need to be "very careful," because living rightly requires great care *He wants me to be wise, but the option to be unwise is out there ...and often much easier *I have an opportunity here and He wants me to make the MOST of it. *If I don't understand what HIS WILL is, I will be foolish & make unwise choices/reactions *I need to search Scripture to find out what I KNOW is HIS WILL ( Love & truth are always involved) *It is out of my "REVERENCE FOR CHRIST," that I die to my sinful, earthly nature to get mad, get even, hold a grudge, care more about myself than my neighbor etc....... Whatever this day brings you, may you engage it with God's words. May you/we be "very careful,", "wise," and may we "make the MOST of EVERY opportunity." Blessings from Bombadil.......home where some cars are parked in the grass for one more day with the blessing of the Police, but apparently not the blessing of a PRECIOUS neighbor. Kristy Link "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26 |