Wednesday, August 5, 2009

opportunity and wisdom

Have I ever told you guys just how much I LOVE Gods' words. I LOVE THEM! They are like honey to my soul and fill me with such hope, peace, strength...
Last night Rob and I had quite a ....a.......well, let's just call it a "HEATED discussion."  It's probably THESE kinds of "discussions" that COULD lead down a dark road. BUT  NOT FOR A WOMAN WITH GOD'S WORD AND A WOMAN OF PRAYER.  I woke up this morning sad, frustrated, weary, but NOW, after having spent time in God's word and simply sitting with Him, NOW, this day is FULL OF OPPORTUNITY. I actually feel like I'm on a treasure hunt, seeking out wisdom and where I have been wrong  and right according to God's word. He is taking me DEEPER, into MORE TRUTH and MORE WISDOM....more of Himself. 
EVERY EXPERIENCE WE HAVE IS AN OPPORUNITY TO GET MORE WISDOM AND MORE OF GOD'S TRUTH....TO KNOW HIM & HIS WAYS BETTER.
God's word says, "Give thanks in all circumstances"- 1 Thessalonians 5:18
 I am so thankful for our heated discussion last night as it has given me a hunger to know more of God's ways, to understand more of myself and what branches God might still have to cut off to make me more fruitful.
Do you know what His word says about wisdom?
Do you know what wisdom is?
WISDOM is the understanding of what is true, right, or lasting. 
" My son (daughter), if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you look for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God." Proverbs 2:1-5
"Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forge my words or swerve from them. Do not forsake wisdom and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. THOUGH IT COST ALL YOU HAVE GET UNDERSTANDING." Prov. 4:7
May I encourgae us all to not get struck down by the situations and circumstances of life. May we see them as "OPPORTUNITIES." Every day we have the choice to get mad, sad, depressed, etc...OR we can press into God and His words getting to know Him and His ways better and better leading to more and more life, peace, and joy. May we choose the latter.  Enjoy your opportunities today.  Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy


Get free photo software from Windows Live Click here.