I LOVE surprises. I love those unexpected moments where your heart is stirred and a breath of life fills up your lungs. I had one of those moments yesterday standing by the soda (or "pop" if you prefer) machine at McDonalds yesterday.While filling up our cups, I was chatting with a friend who loves to make bows for little girls hair and had just brought all her creations to our ballet class for the little ballerinas to look at. My friend, Missy- the bow-creator, said, "It is sooo fun to watch people enjoy what you have made." That was it!! That was the surprise that stirred my heart. All at once I was brought out of my own little small world and I heard HIS WHISPER. I responded to my friend saying, " Ahhhh.....don't you think that is in us because we are made in the image of God??? Isn't that how he feels when we ENJOY what he has made?" May we ENJOY HIM and his countless, beautiful creations today. It must be sooo fun for Him when his people take great delight in noticing the details, wonder and beauty of what He has created and give HIM the credit for it. I can't imagine how my friend, Missy, would feel if all the people looking at the bows SHE created, gave the credit to ME for the bows. I didn't make those bows! Missy did. Or if the people holding the bows in their hands never said a thing to Missy about her creation and simply just thought/believed the bows simply appeared with no creator behind them. Enjoy God's creation today. Bless his heart by lingering over what he has made, taking great delight in his amazing intelligence and creativity. Don't praise the creation itself. Praise the Creator, the Most Awesome one behind EVERYTHING. Tell the One behind the spider that spins a web, "That's amazing!" Shout to the one whose idea it was to create life within a woman and then provide this little life a mom and a dad to take care of it, "You are a genius. That is a BRILLIANT idea." E-N-J-O-Y Him today. ...............................and to think that someday we will get to meet him face-to-face. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........I can't wait! ".........God, who richly provides us with everything FOR OUR ENJOYMENT." 1 Timothy 6 :17 Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Link "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26 |