Thursday, March 31, 2011

" yeah....you better keep walking!"

          Tomorrow the Links are heading down to my old stomping grounds, Orlando, Florida. My family moved there when I was 13 years old ( the age of my firstborn..........wow!).  Going back to my home is always so much fun and brings back many memories. One of the memories I have in my old home is when I was standing in my kitchen making lunch and in comes  this stranger/thief right through my back door just a few feet away from me. I reacted instantly, surprisingly not with fear, but rather with shock at the audacity of someone just walking through MY back door. I looked straight at him and said, "Excuse me.......what do you think you are doing??"  Thankfully, the man just turned around and walked back out at which I vividly remember yelling out behind him, '"Yeah, you better keep walking!!!!!" It's funny to think about now. I did eventually become a little shaky in the knees after he left, realizing what had just happened. At the time, however, I was just shocked at the boldness of the intruder and angry that he thought he could just come right into my  peaceful, joyful home and possibly take something that was not his.
 
          As I reflect on this memory it reminds me of someone else I've read about and know.
 
" The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10
 
"Resist the devil and he will flee from you."  James 4 :7
 
There is a thief, an intruder who seeks often to enter our "home" ( our mind, our thinking, our heart) and steal our peace, joy, righteousness.  He seeks to fill our thoughts with fear, anxiety & worry, malice, envy, etc.........May we respond to that darn thief with the boldness of Christ saying to him,
 
"Excuse me.......who do you think you are/what do you think you are doing??  Yeah, that's right, you better keep walking."
 
God longs for his children to be filled in the deep, inner places of our heart with joy, peace, and righteousness........it is the "kingdom of heaven." He requires US to stand up to that pesky intruder and resist him. May we be alert to his presence and activity, may we be angry at his audacity, and may we fight back so that he will flee and our homes/hearts will reign with peace & joy.   Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Link
 
p.s. enjoy your week....I'll be back to seeking to encourage you on the 11th of April.
 
 

"I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26