Thursday, March 10, 2011

The REAL DEAL

       I received an AT & T notice the other day telling me I would lose info. if I did not respond with my name and password. Thankfully, I had experienced something like this before and learned my lesson the hard way. Still, when I got this recent notice my first reaction was to give in. I had to think, "What did the real A T & T tell you last time? They told you they would NEVER ask for your password." I had to trust  in what the REAL A T & T people told me in order to not be decieved by the imposters.
 
My son, Jake, is a cereal connisseur (however you spell that)...He knows his cereal. While he is enjoying each spoonful he usuallly studies the entire box of cereal he is eating. The other day we had a box of cereal come into our home that I thought was "Cinnamon Toast Crunch." Jake very quickly informed me this wasn't the REAL DEAL. He knew because he spent time studying the REAL Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal box.
 
There are all kinds of false religions out there. Some are very close to  the Real deal and so it can be very difficult to discern what is true and what isn't. May we spend soooo much time learning about the ONE TRUE GOD and what HIS WORD says that we are not easily deceived by those that have a resemblence of the truth but they are NOT the gospel.
 
"I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel- which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you , let him be eternally condemned! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned! Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ." Galatians 1:6-10
 
"I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray  from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. FOr if someone comes to you and preaches A JESUS other than THE JESUS we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough."
2 Corinthians 11:3-4 
 
"See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world, rather than on Christ. For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority." Colossians 2:8-10
 
May we know "THE JESUS," so we are NOT deceived by "A JESUS." May we know his words soo well that we can quickly point out an imposter. Blessings from Bombadil.
 Kristy Link
 
"I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26