Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A traveling companion

           Before I left my house I prayed, "Jesus, I invite you to come with me, go before me, and please be my traveling companion."
         This past Friday I had a wonderful gift given to me of some time with a very special friend who lives in Virginia.  My husband, who usually is my traveling buddy (whenever I do travel, which really isn't much) bought me a ticket to fly to Virgina for the weekend.  I flew form K-zoo to Detroit to Virginia.  I was a little nervous because usually Rob is the one who gets us to where we need to go, but now it was all up to me. After arriving in Detroit, I looked up the gate number for my connecting flight and headed straight there. Upon arrival, I checked in making sure that was the correct gate number and then sat down waiting for them to announce when it was time to board.   While I was waiting, a woman came and sat down next to me. We began chatting about all kinds of things and during our little chit-chat she mentioned something about the fact that sometimes airports change the gates of the departures.  As soon as she mentioned that, she asked if I had checked to see if perphaps MY gate for my connecting flight had changed.  The thought hadn't ever even crossed my mind. I didn't know they did that. It actually seemed a litte mean to me making me run to another place after I was quite settled where they originally told me to go. I had been sitting there the entire time and they sure hadn't mentioned anything about a gate change.  So, I approached the front desk and asked if the gate to Roenoke, Virginia had changed.  Sure enough, the gate that I was now supposed to be at where the plane was taking off in 20min. was changed to the entire other end of the airport.  I gathered my things, thanked the woman who informed me of such things happening at times, and hauled bootie down to the other end of the airport making it there just in time to board flight 2989.
 
A. Just luck that that woman came and mentioned that to me???
 
B. Coincidence??
 
C. Or the hand of Jesus, going before me and coming with me as my traveling companion guiding me to where I needed to be??
 
 I choose and BELIEVE "C."
 
May you ask him to be YOUR "traveling companion" today through life.
 
"The Lord WILL GUIDE YOU always." Isaiah 58:11
 
"In your UNFAILING LOVE you WILL LEAD the people you have redeemed.
In your strength you WILL GUIDE them to your holy dwelling." Exodus 15:13
 
May you/we believe that He knows exactly what we need when we need it. May we TRUST HIM. Ahhhhhhhhh......what rest and peace is there in believing that. Blessing from Bombadil. Kristy Link

"I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26