"This looks like it could be addictive for some people," were the words I spoke to my husband as we got our first (and my only) tattoo together. My husband happens to be one of the "some people." I think he's on tattoo number 14????? The thing I LOVE most about his tattoos are that they ALL have some spiritual meaning/significance. In fact, awhile back we had our family dinner devotions every night for 2 weeks based on a different one of his tattoos Well, I'm definately NOT one of the "some people," but if I were I think I would get this tattooed on my fingers/ hands: Left hand (one letter on each finger): D A W I M Right hand ( " " ): L A W I Y Any guesses as to what those letters stand for?? D....eath A....t W...ork I.....n M...e L.....ife A....t W...ork I......n Y.....ou Listen to this great truth: "We have this treasure in jars of clay.......We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for JESUS' SAKE, so that his life may be reavealed in our mortal body. So then, DEATH IS AT WORK IN US, BUT LIFE IS AT WORK IN YOU. " 2 Corinthians 4:10-12 Or another way to say it: " This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers." 1 John 3:16 So, wake up this day saying to God: " Thank you for loving me so much, Jesus, that you would give up your life for me. The knowledge of that breathes such life into my soul. Knowing I am loved by you gives me great reason to face this day.Help me to be alert to where you might be asking me to lay down my life, my selfishness, to show someone else love; to show them YOU. Use me to breathe LIFE into someone elses soul. May I be like you today, a "Life-giving spirit." Although I do not want to get those letters tattooed on my fingers, would you TATOO them on my SOUL that I might remember your words and have the greatest joy of revealing you to those who don't yet know you. May it be!!" Help me be alert: * In my home * with my children * With my husband * On the road * at school * at the grocery store * at the gas station * at the football game, the track meet, ballet, gymnastics * at church * in the parking lot * in my neighborhood * and anywhere else you might lead me. Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy LInk "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26 |