"A longing fulfilled is sweet to the soul." Proverbs 13:19 When was the last time you had one of your longings fulfilled??? It has been a longing of mine for quite awhile to be more intentional with my children. More intentional to teach them God's word through weekly memory verses. More intentional to read & discuss certain truths, questions, etc. More intentional to have one-0n-0ne time with each child to encourage them, challenge them, love on them.... I have longed for this for years. I have no idea why but it has been SUCH A STRUGGLE/WRESTLE making it happen. But as of two weeks ago..............my longing is fulfilled!! I'm doing it! I made a special little meeting place (the kids are calling my "office") downstairs. I filled a special box with treats where they may choose one while we chat. I filled another box with prizes for memory verses. I have my black folder with each of their names where I write down all the great things I've seen in them over the week, some of the areas they may need to work on, and an applicable verse for their life that week. I have my three books we are going through and discussing; The kids version of : A Case for Christ, A Case for Faith, and A Case for a Creator. It feels sooo sweet to my soul to have this time with each one of my children.........especially after it has been a longing for some time now and the resistance to it has felt/seemed sooo great. I imagine some of that wrestle involves the spiritual world that does not want us moms pouring God's word into our kids hearts. May we not give up! May we continue praying and asking GOd to help us be and do what he calls us to do, until our longings are fulfilled. These child rearing years go by sooo fast...........may we give it our all NOW ..that we may reap the harvest in years to come. Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy LInk "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26 |