Monday, February 27, 2012

Mom Monday.

Happy Mom Monday.
 
THere are sooooooo many things I struggle with in being a mom.
 
One of  the things on the top of my list is I talk too much as it relates to discipline. I talk instead of simply enforcing a painful consequence.
 
THis has been brought to my attention many times, and the Spirit of God has brought it to me AGAIN this morning.
 
So, this morning, I pass along to you the truth, the "sword", the Word of God, that was passed along to me as I poured out my heart to God about one of my precious children.
 
"A servant CANNOT be corrected by MERE WORDS;
though he understands, HE WILL NOT RESPOND."
Prov. 29:19
 
I don't think this is true of every child, but there are different kinds of children.
I know that one particular child of mine NEEDS ME TO TALK LESS AND CALMLY ENFORCE A PAINFUL CONSEQUENCE more.
 
My prayer this morning:
 
"Oh God in heaven,,,... HELP ME/US!!...............May I/we pay attention to YOUR COMMANDS and put them into pracitce. May we do our part so that YOU can do your part. Help us remember we are not alone in this parenting of our children. You care more than we do. We call out for wisdom and understanding and ask for strength to put that wisdom into ACTION." May it be!! Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy lInk

"I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26