Monday, May 18, 2009

A dream place

If you could go ANYWHERE in this wonderful world that God created, where would you desire to go? Why? What is it about that Dream PLACE that draws your heart near? I would love to sit down for coffee (with lots of vanilla creamer) with each one of you and hear your answer to this question. Well, last year, my incredibly generous parents shared with us that they would like to bless Rob and I for our 15th anniversary by taking our 5 children for us for 2 WEEKS and give us their time share that can go almost anywhere in the world. Although Hawaii sounded wonderful, the place that Rob and I have talked about desiring to go for years, was IRELAND & SCOTLAND. We would dream and think, "MAYBE for our 25th anniversary we could go to Ireland/Scotland." Now, because of my parent's thoughtfulness,generousity, & craziness (they just might regret their offer to watch our 5 kids for 2 weeks)we will be leaving for our "Dream place" on Thursday, May 28- June 12, 2009
(in less than 2 weeks). As I have shared my joy with friends around me, I've often been asked the question, "Why Ireland/ Scotland?" Hmmmmmm- great question! Why????What is it for me about that place that seems to stir my heart so? Well- I think it is a combination of many things.

1. The story of St. Patrick bringing Jesus to the pagan "Emerald Isle" inspires me.
2. My favorite movie is "Braveheart" bringing freedom to Scotland
3. I LOVE sheep!
4. I LOVE  castles, Kings, princesses.
5. I LOVE the color GREEN and all the life and growth it represents.
6. I LOVE  Irish music.

For the rest of this week I'll speak more in detail about the above mentioned things. For today, however, may I share that in the depths of my soul I would love for every one on this earth to be able  to go anywhere in the world they desired to go. I don't know why I have been offered this. I accept this gift very humbly.
We all, however, HAVE been given the hope of going to the most beautiful PLACE........"PARADISE."

"Then he said, 'Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.' Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today, you will be with me in PARADISE."
John 23: 42 & 43

PARADISE-     1.Heaven, the abode of righteous souls after death.
                        2. Any place of ideal beauty or loveliness
                        3. A state of delight


PLACE- 1. a portion of space; an area with definite or indefinate boundaries.
            2. an area occupied by or set aside for someone or something
            3. a definite location
            4. a particular town or city


"Do not let you hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a PLACE for you. And if  I go there and prepare a place for you,I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the PLACE I am going." John 14: 1-4

" Here we don't have an enduring city, but we are looking for the city that is to come." Hebrews 13:14

"He was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God." Hebrews 11:10

"They were longing for a better country- a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them."
Hebrews 11:16

"Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world." John 17:24

"Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be be with them and be their God. He will wipe away every tear fom their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning, or crying or pain.......he showed me the Holy City......it shone wiht the glory of God, and its brilliance was like that of a very precious jewel........The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. ..On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. ..Nothing impure will ever  enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life." Revelation 21:3-27

Having the excitement and joy of looking forward to going to Ireland, my "earthly" dream place, certainly is a blessing and fun.  However, I will be honest - it would mean nothing to me if it did not speak  to me of something greater, of my longing for my TRUE/REAL/PLACE I LONG TO GO TO.....HEAVEN. Having the hope and dream of being in the place where God dwells in His glory and perfection can get me through anything. I do not NEED to go to Ireland- although I will embrace the opportunity with an incredibly thankful heart.   As you go about your day, may you go with the knowledge that just as my parents have offered me a wonderful place to go to, your Heavenly Father has offered to you the "hope of Heaven....paradise".  May you dream of that place today. May you be able to get through anything knowing that someday, as a believer in Jesus, you will be with Him in a place like no other place (Ireland cannot begin to compare).May you prepare well for
your going to this "Dream place'. Don't forget your ticket- a relationship with Jesus Christ. Blessings from Bombadil. May your soul be watered and may you water another's soul. Kristy Joy Link