"Don't call me baby, daddy! I'm not a baby, I'M A BIG GIRL. I USED TO BE a baby BUT NOW I'm a big girl."
Do you hear the cry of her heart? Do you hear the cry of OUR heart??? Don't call me what I used to be! Call me what I am NOW!"
As a woman who believes in Jesus, has acknowledged her need for His forgiveness and cried out for mercy, let me share with you who you are NOW:
"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life."
John 5:24
USED TO BE : Living in death BUT NOW: living in life
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, BUT whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son."
USED TO BE: condemned BUT NOW: not condemned
"Remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth........- remember that at that time you were seperate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the convenants of the promise, WITHOUT HOPE AND WITHOUT GOD IN THE WORLD. BUT NOW in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ. Ephesians 2:11-13
USED TO BE: without hope & w/o God in the world BUT NOW: with hope & with God in the world
"At just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the undgodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:6-8
"I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his INCOMPARABLY GREAT POWER FOR US WHO BELIEVE. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms....." Ephesians 1:18-20
USED TO BE: powerless BUT NOW: powerful
"For you were once darkness, BUT NOW you are LIGHT in the Lord." Ephesians 5:8
USED TO BE: darkness BUT NOW: light
"You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing. But YOU DO NOT REALIZE that you are WRETCHED, PITIFUL, POOR, BLIND, AND NAKED. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so that you can become RICH, and white clothes to wear so you can COVER your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can SEE." Revelation 3:17-18
USED TO BE: wretched, pitiful, poor , blind, naked BUT NOW: rich, covered in perfection, can see
"Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11: 6
USED TO BE: not pleasing to God BUT NOW: pleasing to God
"If anyone is in Christ, he is a NEW CREATION; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5: 17
USED TO BE: old BUT NOW: new!
"In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for noble purposes and some for ignoble. If a man cleanses himself from the latter, he will be an instrument for noble purposes, made holy, USEFUL TO THE MASTER, and prepared to do any good work." 2 Timothy 2:20-21
USED TO BE: ???useless to God??? BUT NOW: useful to the Master
I could go on & on of who we"used to be" without Jesus but who we are NOW in Him. However, it is BURSTING AT THE SEAMS WITH EXCITEMENT over here and I need to go celebrate a boy who who "was given life and breath" 7 years ago today. .....THANK YOU JESUS! May you reflect all day NOT on who you were but on who you are NOW. In your inner place when people bring you back to who you once were may you be able to say with deep conviction,
"I USED TO BE THAT WAY.....................BUT NOW..................................."
Blessings from Bombadil. May your soul be watered and may you water another's soul. Kristy Joy Link