Monday, May 11, 2009

Rejoice

I had such a wonderful, celebratory and full of rejoicing weekend. On Friday night as my family gathered around our dinner table, we celebrated Reese who  had her first ballet recital (she got to sit at the plate with a tutu under it), we celebrated both of our Moms in honor of Mother's day (they both got the "you are special" red plates) and we rejoiced with Rob and Max who ran their first "Riverbank run"  together on Saturday ( they got to use some converse hightop shoe flowerpots as cup holders). On Sunday, Rob and the children all celebrated with me for the 11th annual Mother's Day dinner at Taco Bell.( I got to eat at a table decorated with a table cloth and vase with lilacs). It was a wonderful weekend for which I have thanked God for, however, I am very aware that not all weekends will be like this for me in the future nor was this a "rejoicing" weekend for some of my friends. So I find myself asking God this morning, "What do YOU say
about rejoicing?" and thinking of friends who did not rejoice this weekend or whom have maybe not rejoiced in anything for awhile I wonder, "What can we always rejoice in, God, when there doesn't seem to be anything to celebrate?" Here are the truths that I found in God's word about "rejoicing":

"Come and see what God has done, how awesome his works in man's behalf! He turned the sea into dry land, they passed through the waters on foot- come, let us REJOICE IN HIM. He rules forever by his power, his eyes watch the nations-let not the rebellious rise up against him..Praise our God, O peoples, let the sound of his praise be heard; he has preserved our lives and kept our feet from slipping. For you, O God, tested us; you refined us like silver. You brought us into prison and laid burdens on our backs. You let men ride over our heads; we went through fire and water, but you brought us to a place of abundance."
Psalm 66:5-12

***WE CAN ALWAYS REJOICE IN HIM AND WHAT HE HAS DONE!

"The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone; the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes. This is the day the Lord has made: let us REJOICE and be glad in it." Psalm 118:22-24

***WE CAN ALWAYS REJOICE IN THE DAY THAT GOD MADE A WAY FOR US TO BE AT PEACE WITH HIM.

"May your fountain be blessed, and may you REJOICE IN THE WIFE OF YOUR YOUTH. A loving doe, a graceful deer- may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be captivated by her love." Prov. 5:18 & 19

***Did you guys know this was in the Bible? Read it over and over and see what God says to you. This is really a verse for men, but I thought I'd throw it in there

"I saw Satan fall like lightening from heaven. I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. However, do not REJOICE that the spirits submit to you, but REJOICE that your names are written in heaven." Luke 10:18-20

***IF WE HAVE BELIEVED IN JESUS AND RECEIVED HIM AS OUR WAY TO GOD WE CAN ALWAYS REJOICE THAT OUR NAMES OUR WRITTEN IN HEAVEN.......HE KNOWS YOUR NAME........IS YOUR NAME WRITTEN IN HEAVEN????? I HOPE SO.


"REJOICE with me; I have found my lost sheep.' I tell you that in the same way there will be more REJOICING in heaven over one sinner who repents than ove ninety nine righteous persons who do not need to repent." Luke 15:6 & 7

***WE CAN ALWAYS REJOICE WITH JESUS WHEN PEOPLE COME TO KNOW HIM AND DECIDE TO LIVE LIFE HIS WAY.


"REJOICE with those who REJOICE; mourn with those who mourn." Romans 12:15

***IF WE HAVE NOTHING TO REJOICE ABOUT AT THE TIME- WE CAN & SHOULD REJOICE WITH THOSE WHO DO."

"REJOICE in the Lord always. I  will say it again: REJOICE!"  Phillipians 4:4

***WE CAN ALWAYS REJOICE IN THE WONDERFUL QUALITIES AND ACTS OF GOD

"Weeping may remain for a night, but REJOICING comes in the morning." Psalm 30:5

"Be joyful in hope." Romans 12:12

***WE CAN ALWAYS REJOICE IN THE HOPE THAT LIFE IS NOT HOPELESS; GOOD DAYS WILL COME AGAIN & WE WILL HAVE PERFECTION IN HEAVEN SOMEDAY IF WE HAVE CHOSEN JESUS.

"The apostles left the Sanhedrin, REJOICING because they had been counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the Name." Acts 5:41

***WE CAN REJOICE WHEN WE SUFFER DISGRACE FOR HIS NAME B/C IT MEANS WE ARE LIVING A WORTHY LIFE FOR GOD.


So we never know what tomorrow will bring, if it will bring a weekend full of rejoicing or one of mourning. But whatever it brings, may we be women who have the words of God stored up in us and despite sorrow or seemingly nothing to rejoice in, may we be able to rejoice in the above mentioned things. Despite our circumstances may we "Be joyful always." 1 Thessalonians 5:16 Blessings from Bombadil. May your soul be watered (or rather prepared) ..........Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Joy Link