Monday, November 8, 2010

Mom Monday

Hey guys. Sorry for the lack of e-mails last week but I was using my early morning times to pray for and prepare for our Women's retreat at the River this past weekend.  We had an awesome time as we spent time together pursuing the topic of "Messages."
 
So, as I wish you a happy "Mom Monday" I thought I'd continue on in this "Messages" theme as it relates to being a mom.
 
God's word says to "Watch your life and your doctrine (the principles presented for belief..what you believe to be true) CLOSELY." 1 Timothy 4:16
 
When you take inventory of your life as a mom and what messages you are sending to your children, what beliefs you are passing on through your actions, what is it that your children are hearing through your life?
 
What messages SHOULD we as women who love Jesus be sending to our children through our words & actions?
   
      1. You are DEARLY loved soooo I will be kind, patient, unselfish, not easily angered with you.
      2. I love God/Jesus and His words more than anything else.
      3. I love your daddy very much
      4. After God and your daddy, YOU are my # 1 priority
      5.You are sooo special and I do NOT compare you to your siblings or anyone else
      6. I trust God & won't will not allow anxiety or worry to rule me.
      7. I want to provide for you but I do NOT want to spoil you.
     8. Other people matter VERY MUCH!
     9. I am trying to do myself, what I am asking you to do.
    10. I fail often and am in need of mercy just like you.
 
 
etc, etc, etc,............there are so many messages we are passing on (or NOT passing on)  all throughout the day depending on what we say or don't say, do or don't do. May we watch our lives carefully to make sure we are sending the messages we want to send. Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Joy Link
 
 
 


"I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26