Thursday, November 18, 2010

"You promised!"

Have you ever heard these words ( or said these words) from/to your children, a friend or anyone else in your life:
 
"You promised!!!" or "You said................"
 
I heard those words come out of one of my daughter's mouths the other day and I was immediately reminded that I too, can say that to God as his daughter.
 
"But God, you promised!!!" and according to Hebrews 6:18 , "IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD TO LIE."
 
"God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he PROMISE and not fulfill?" Numbers 23:19
 
Do you know what God promises????? You/we just might want to spend some time in his word finding out just what he promises. Then, as his daughters, you/we might want to very respectfully remind him and ourselves that "He promised..."
 
I know one thing He promised that I'm holding out for today. He said in John 14:21,
 
"Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father and I too will love him and SHOW MYSELF TO HIM."
 
My prayer:
 
"Show yourself to me today, Jesus! I want to see you! You Promised! You said that if I have your commands and I obey them that I love you." And you said, "Whoever loves you will be loved by God and you and that YOU WILL SHOW YOURSELF."  I want to see you today. I want to experience and know your reality in a fresh, tangible way TODAY. Open my eyes, whisper to my spirit, reveal your most AWESOME self to me today in a way that is undeniably YOU. You don't promise and then not fulfill. That's not the kind of God you are."
 
Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Link  

"I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26