Being a mom has certainly revealed 2 things about myself and motherhood: 1. I get tired. Mothering can be exhausting. I find myself falling asleep many (if not most) nights while I am tucking my children in bed. What could be a half hour routine becomes a few hours because I fall asleep in almost every child's room. I have frustrated them on more than one occasion as I try to read them a bedtime story and fall asleep while reading only to wake up to being gently hit on the arm and told to "wake up." 2. I am in great need of wisdom and understanding. Ahhhhhhhhhh! Not a day goes by that I'm not calling out to God for help in understanding what my children need from me or how I should interact with them that would most reveal God and his wisdom. Right now I have an almost teenager...do I need to say much more??? I take great comfort in this truth found in Isaiah 40:28 & 29 "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. HE WILL NOT GROW TIRED OR WEARY, AND HIS UNDERSTANDING NO ONE CAN FATHOM. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." As a mom, on those days when you feel exhausted or very unwise/fooish/ignorant/etc.... (which for me is actually almost every day), may we take comfort knowing that there is a real God out there who does not get tired and who has all the understanding you need. You/we aren't doing this parenting thing alone. God says that he helps us: "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed,for I am your God. I will strengthen you and HELP YOU; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.' Isaiah 41:10 and "Even to your old age and gray hairs (which are unfortunately appearing more and more) I am he, I am he WHO WILL SUSTAIN YOU. I HAVE MADE YOU AND I WILL CARRY YOU; I WILL SUSTAIN YOU AND I WILL RESCUE YOU." Isaiah 46:4 Call on Him. Draw near to him. Wait for him. Trust him. Be alert to him. Worship and adore him. Thank him. Wrestle with him ("I will not let you go unless you bless me." Genesis 32:26) Love him. Obey him. May we adore the One ( & only) today, who doesn't grow weary and whose understanding we can't fathom. When (not "if" ) we are exhausted, say to him, "I'm soooo glad that YOU don't get tired, God. I'm so glad I am not in this journey of raising this child/these children all alone. Thank you that you will sustain me one day at a time." Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Link "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26 |