Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"No buts!!!"

    I've been smiling all morning thinking about what my 4 year old daughter said last night, to my 6 yrs. old little girl.  While we were driving to a basketball game, the girls and I chatted about the lightening we were experiencing. It was amazing last night, lighting up the whole sky. We chatted about the awesome creator of lightening and also about the dangers of it. WHen we arrived at our destination and had to walk from our car into the courthouse, Reese, my 6 year old, was very scared. When I offered to pray for her she responded with, "okay, but...."  Before another word had time to come out of her mouth, her little sister said very firmly,
 
 "No "buts", Reese. God is with us. He is in our hearts because we asked HIm. He will protect us." 
 
"Have you never read, "From the lips of CHILDREN and infants you have ordained praise?."
- Jesus.......Matthew 21:16
 
"A little child will LEAD them." Isaiah 11; 6
 
 
"Jesus called a little child and had him stand among them, and he said, "I tell you the TRUTH, unless you CHANGE and become like little CHILDREN, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:2-4
 
"I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned and revealed them to little children." Matthew 11:25
 
May this 4 year old little girl lead us. As soon as we start with our "yeah, buts..." May we be silenced by the wisdom revealed to a little child, 
 
"No buts! God is with us............"
 
"Do NOT BE AFRAID, FOR I AM WITH YOU." Genesis 26:23
 
"Don't be afraid of them, for I AM WITH YOU AND WILL RESCUE YOU," declares the Lord."
 
Blessings from Bombadil. ....home of a proud mother of a little girl who takes Jesus at his word. Kristy LINk  

"I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26