As I was sitting here at my computer this morning and my 12 year old son was sitting out on our front steps waiting for his bus to come, he popped his head back in the door to say, " I think it's cool that the FIRST day of snow is on the FIRST day of December." I agreed with him and he went back out to continue waiting for his bus. As soon as the door shut I said to God, "I LOVED that! I LOVED that he just told me that. Why did I love that???" I belive the answer lies simply in this...........Life is about relationships. Relationships with each other and more importantly, a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. In James 5:13 it says; " Is any one of you in trouble? He should PRAY. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of PRAISE. Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to PRAY over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord....." I wonder if God himself, the Creator of the Universe, feels touched and thinks, "I LOVE that my child just shared a thought he had, a piece of himself, with me. I LOVE when my child RELATES ( has a connection with; interacts in a meaningful fashion) WITH ME." Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............I'm sure He does. The Bible is full of Him compelling us, drawing us into RELATIONSHIP with him. That is actully WHY we were made: "All things were made by Him and FOR HIM." Colossians 1:16 How fun it is to think about touching the heart of God with our relating/sharing/praying/ drawing near to him. Until the day we meet Him face to face to see all that really went on when we interacted with him here on earth, may we pray when we are in trouble, may we sing to him when we are happy, may we pray to him with others when we are sick, and may we touch the heart of God just like my son touched my heart this morning with such a simple little interaction. Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Joy Link ."I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26 |