Friday, December 10, 2010

Quick to listen

Yesterday, while running on the treadmill at the YMCA, a friend came and ran next to me.  We were chit-chatting away until I finally got to the place where I really couldn't talk much more. I finally had to say, " I can still listen but I won't be able to chat for a few." I immediately thought:
 
Listening is better anyways according to James 1:19 & 20
 
 
"My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be QUICK TO LISTEN, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires......."
 
Later last night, I needed the last part of this truth as I'm always more tired at the end of the day when my children seem to be more wired. I get tired..........they get wired. Ahhhhhhhhh!  It is a great temptation for me to get angry at them in the evening and I need these words constantly being whispered in my ear. May these words of God direct our steps and behavior today to the Glory of God. Blessings from Bombadil.
Kristy
 

"I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26