The "O" in A-D-O-R-E...................... I AdOre you Jesus because you are the "One and Only." "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the ONE and ONLY, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14 "Noone has ever seen God, but God the ONE and ONLY, who is at the Father's side, has made him known." John 1:18 "Now this is eternal life: the they may know you, the ONLY true God and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent." John 17:3 "To him who is ABLE to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy- to the ONLY God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord." Jude : 24 & 25 "He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the ONE whom God appointed as judge of the living and dead. All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name." Acts 10:43 I adOre you Jesus because you OVERWHELMED the people you encountered with amazement and wonder: "People were OVERWHELMED WITH AMAZEMENT. 'He has done everything well, they said. ' He even makes the deaf hear and the mute speak." Mark 7:37 "When they came to the other disciples, they saw a large crowd around them and the teachers of the law arguing with them. As soon as all the people saw JESUS, they were OVERWHELMED WITH WONDER and ran to greet him.' Mark 9:14 & 15 I adOre you Jesus because you are OMNICIENT, OMNIPRESENT, and OMNIPOTENT: OMNISCIENT- having total knowledge; knowing everything "Nothing in ALL of creation is hidden from God's sight." Hebrews 4:12 OMNIPOTENT- Having unlimited or universal power, authority or force. "Is ANYTHING too hard for the Lord?" Genesis 18: 14 OMNIPRESENCE- the fact of being present ........everywhere. "Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there;. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the se, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast..." Psalm 139:7-10 As a woman, would you rather have your lover simply tell you he "adores" you or be specific about the reasons why he adores you? May we adore our "Lover" the way we (I'm sure not ALL of you prefer this, ...but I sure do) desire to be adored..........very specific and detailed. As you sing, "O come let us ADORE him" this Christmas, may these words and reasons for adoration come to your mind. Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Link "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26 |