I can't tell you how many times I've come to the locked locker room door at the YMCA, pressed the button, "waited patiently," (like they encourage with their sign posted on the wall) until someone (who knows who) responds to my "ringing of the doorbell" by unlocking the door. I have gone through these same motions COUNTLESS of times without giving it much thought. That is until a few weeks ago when I FINALLY noticed the video camera that was near the locked door and it all of a sudden dawned on me that when I am standing at that door, I am being watched. I wondered, "Oh my.........have I ever fixed my wedgie while standing here?? Hmmmmmmmmm.....what have I done thinking I was alone, now realizing SOMEONE (???) is watching me???" Yesterday, as I walked into the Y, my eyes were suddenly opened to that which has been there all along but I never noticed. There, right on the front desk, was a HUGE screen of that very hallway and any person who was waiting to get into the locker room and the "SOMEONE" behind the screen. I decided when I went through the door on this day, now knowing I was INDEED being watched and seeing the "SOMEONE" who was actually watching me, I would wave and say "Thank you!" for opening the door for me (after I rung the doorbell AND waited patiently) .........maybe even blow a little kiss. Well, after doing what I had set out to do (waving and saying " thank you" to the camera), I asked the woman at the desk if she saw me. Much to my chagrin, she smiled and appreciated my thankfulness and acknowledgement of her............the invisible door opener. WE HAVE AN INVISIBLE DOOR OPENER. We have ONE who although we cannot see HIM , sees us, and tells us to "ring the doorbell/knock" and to "wait patiently." "Nothing in all of creation is hidden from God's sight." Hebrews 4:12 "Knock and the door will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7 "I WAITED PATIENTLY for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry." Psalm 40: 1 May we be like Moses today who; "Persevered BECAUSE he SAW HIM who is INVISIBLE." Hebrews 11:27 Even though we cannot see him, may we TRUST that HE IS BEHIND ALL, HE SEES US, and may we turn our faces toward heaven, wave, thank HIM, blow him a kiss trusting our thankful gestures DO NOT GO UNNOTICED. May we look forward to the day we see the "FACE" behind EVERYTHING............every door opened, every gift given, every lesson taught..........EVERYTHING. Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Joy LInk "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26 |