The Prayer, the journal, the "above all else guarding your heart," the wrestling, the surrender, the dependence of a mom's heart on the day of her daughter's 4th outdoor birthday party in which everything was planned for outside, but the weather was forcasting rain and thunderstorms. "It is the morning of Elyse's 4th birthday party. I KNOW you are very aware of this. You know all of the children that have been invited. Being that it is a "Tangled" party with Rapunzel and all of her hair, "You know the number of hairs on their head and my head." You are the GREATEST party planner. You are the God of details, the sun, of children, of hair. I'm anxious about the weather. I don't know what I will do if it rains today. My brain hurts from planning the outdoor part of the party. I don't know if I can think now of replanning the party for indoors. "The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in EVERYTHING, by prayer and petition (A solemn supplication or request to a SUPERIOR AUTHORITY; requesting a benefit from a person in authority) with THANKSGIVING, present your requests to God." Phillipians 3:5 & 6 This is THE WORD OF GOD. This is TRUE for MY SITUATION TODAY. "Cast all your cares on Him because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7 You have seen all the work and thought I have put into this party. You have seen how hard I am trying to be organized and orderly. I don't think I can switch things up if it rains and have it in my home. I have invited too many children. Do you think I can?? Would YOU still have the party and just have it in my home or should I cancel if it rains?? I want to bless people's souls. I'm afraid if it was in my home it would be too chaotic. It already is sometime just with 5 children. I can't imagine adding another 16. You, Father in Heaven, know what I need before I even ask. (Matthew 6) You are the One who controls the wind and weather. No thing is too hard for you. "This is the confidence we have in approaching God; that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us- whatever we ask- we know that we have what we asked of him. " 1 John 5:13 I am asking for a GLORIOUS evening, Full of sunshine and sunbeams, warm gentle breezes. We are "fellow-workers" and I NEED YOU to come through for me. Even if it does rain, perhaps, "blesssings come in raindrops," and I will still choose to believe that you are good and you know what is best. " IT WAS A GLORIOUS EVENING. "THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, GOD!!!!!!!!! "I sought the Lord, and he answered me." Psalm 34:4 May we seek him every day, hour, minute of our lives, pouring out our hearts to him about EVERYTHING, the ONLY ONE who can do anything about our situations. As we seek him and experience answers to our prayers (although perhaps not all of them because He is God and knows what is best), may our joy be great and our reverence and awe of the Ruler of all Creation grow deeper and deeper. Amen! Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Link "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26 |