Thursday, May 5, 2011

Celebrate!!!!

     I wish you all could have sat around my dinner table with my family the other night. We had soooo much fun celebrating one of our own.   After much struggle  and many failures of seeking to get this one particular child to go to his room when in need of discipline, without complaining, without talking back or throwing a fit, but with a very respectful and obedient, "Yes mom/ yes dad,"... we FINALLY had a SUCCESS!!!!!  It happened on Sunday night.  This one of the "Fab. 5," was not being a good listener when listening was required and so Rob told him to go to his room. Wondering how he would do THIS TIME, holding my breath and cheering for him in my heart to respond rightly, HE DID IT!!! He simply said, "Yes, dad," and he got up and he went into his room with NO  FIGHTING BACK OR COMPLAINING.  Yeah!!!!!
 
         So, on Monday morning, as I was having my time with God, sitting quiet and listening, I had a strong sense that we REALLY needed to CELEBRATE this spiritual growth for our son.  I decided that on Tuesday night, he was going to eat off of the "You are Special" plate. I told him that we were sooo proud of him for choosing to respond the way he did and that we were going to celebrate and honor him for the choice he made. I asked him what meal he would like for that evening and proceeded to make it with great joy, I put his picture on my "Count your blessings" board along with what he did that was such a blessing, and set the Red plate right near dad's spot. When it was dinner time and every one was in their place, I proceeded to tell them that we were celebrating tonight. I asked everyone to clap and cheer for our growing son to which everyone complied and the cheering that went on  was like what you would hear at a winning sports game.  There was whistling, clapping, cheering using this one particular child's name.  I wish you could have seen my son's face. He LAUGHED, SMILED FROM EAR TO EAR, and had to put his face in his hands because he couldn't stop. He was beaming the rest of the night.   I wish you all could have been at my dinner table with my family the other night.
 
May I remind us to
 
"Rejoice with those who rejoice." Romans 12
 
"Let us NOT become weary in doing good, for at the proper time, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."  Galatians 6:9
 
May we not give up seeking to bring ourselves first and then those God has placed us as an authority over to righteousness. May we NOT BECOME WEARY IN DOING GOOD and may we reap a HUGE harvest.  When there is growth in our own lives first and then those God has given us..may we CELEBRATE HUGELY.  Growing in doing what is right is worthy of a HUGE PARTY. So, if you are like my child and have struggled and failed, and struggled and failed, and struggled and failed, and struggled and failed, but haven't given up and  have FINALLY done the right thing ....CELEBRATE!!!! Go buy yourselves a Starbucks or some fresh flowers. God LOVES right doing. He loves when his women refuse to disrespect their husbands. He loves it when his children learn to have thankful hearts instead of whining/complaining/negative hearts. If you have been able to give thanks and focus on the positive today when you used to go down the negative road.....CELEBRATE!! May we get better and better in the Family of God at throwing amazing parties and celebrations in honor of spiritual growth and doing what is right in this world where doing the wrong is a constant temptation.  Blessings from Bombadil............home of one fun dinner party in honor of a boy who FINALLY obeyed his daddy in a very respectful way.  Kristy LInk
 
 
 
.
"I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26