Thursday, May 19, 2011

Not being ABLE to see

             Without my contacts in or my glasses on, I CANNOT SEE WELL. I would be considered "legally blind" without the aid of either of those WONDERFUL INVENTIONS.  This morning, I decided to go for a little while without any help from my contacts or glasses. Everything was cloudy, unclear, and not in focus. I simply COULD NOT SEE WELL.  Hear what God says:
 
" Now there was man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a member of the Jewish ruling council. He came to Jesus at night and said, "Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him." In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you  the TRUTH, no one can SEE THE KINGDOM OF GOD UNLESS HE IS BORN AGAIN. ' How can a man be born when he is old?""  Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!" Jesus answered, "I tell you the TRUTH, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should no be surprised at my saying, "You must be born again." The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit." John 3:1-8
 
Just as I am unable to see well without my contacts or glasses, Jesus says that unless we are "born again," unless we bend our knee to Jesus and ask His Spirit to come dwell within us, we are UNABLE to see the "kingdom of God."
 
Have you put your "glasses on/ contacts in" so that you can see? Have you been "born again" by the Spirit of God???"
 
"You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit , IF THE SPIRIT OF GOD LIVES IN YOU. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. But if Christ is IN YOU, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness, And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living IN YOU, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who LIVES IN YOU." Romans 8:9-11
 
People who don't have the Spirit of God living in them, people who have not been "born again," are unable to see the Kingdom of God. May we be used by God to help others "SEE" so that they don't miss out on all that God is and all He is doing around us. Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Link
 


"I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26