Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The ant

While I was painting the "tree house" in my backyard yesterday, I got bit by a little fire ant. Do you ever think about ants? The Bible speaks of them in a couple different places:
"Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it STORES ITS PROVISIONS IN SUMMER and GATHERS ITS FOOD AT HARVEST." Proverbs 6:6-8
 "Four things on earth are small, yet they are EXTREMELY WISE; Ants are creatures of little strength, yet THE STORE UP THEIR FOOD IN THE SUMMER." Proverbs 30:25
Things to ponder this day:
     *Live by the "YET".................ants have no commander, they are small, they have little strength, YET..........Don't let the things stacked against you determine who you are.
    *It is EXTREMELY WISE to:
                         1. Prepare for the future
                         2. Save and store up while the provisions are available
 
STORE:  A stock or supply reserved for future use; to deposit in a storehouse for safekeeping
 PROVISIONS: a stock of neccessary supplies, especially food
SUMMER: Any period regarded as a time of fruition, fulfillment, happiness, or beauty
 May we be women who are extremely wise.May we be prepared for our future of meeting God. May we be wise with our money. May we be wise with our time. Now is the time that God favors what we do. May we be women who store up God's words (food for our souls) while it is summer and we have his words available. We don't know when the winter will come. May we be women who are busy at work following in Jesus' footsteps when he says, 
"As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. While I am in the world, I am the light of the world." John 9:4 & 5 
"Store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where theives  do not break in and steal." Matthew 6:20
When you see an ant today or tomorrow may these words enter into your heart and mind causing you to ask yourself and God, "Am I being wise like the ant? Am I preparing for my future and making the most of the day I have and all it's provisions?"  Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Joy Link


Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Search, add, and share the web's latest sports videos. Check it out.