Thursday, July 9, 2009

Life!

This is a day of reflection for me. It's a day of celebration and remembering. I am compelled this day to fill my mind with what is true about life- after all- I only have one life to live and am never promised another day. On this day that I celebrate entering the world 37 years ago, I find myself asking with a deep passion- "Oh God- teach me more about life. What do you say about life?"
>
> ***You say that You are the giver and creator of life:
>
> "The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth....he himself gives all men LIFE AND BREATH and EVERYTHING ELSE.....He determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him."- Acts 17:24-27
>
> "For you created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before on of them came to be." Psalm 139: 13-16
>
> I don't understand it at all. It's way too huge for me to comprehend. I believe it!
>
>
> ***It is good to walk this life with the end in view knowing our time here is short
>
> "Show me, O Lord, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life. You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man's life is but a breath." Psalm 39:5
>
> "You don't even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." James 4:14
>
> ***My life is not my own
>
> "I know, O Lord, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps."- Jeremiah 10:23
>
> "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me" Galatians 2:20
>
> ***I'm not to worry about my life! My life and every other human's life is sooooooo valuable.
>
> "Don't worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not LIFE more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly father feeds them. ARE YOU NOT MUCH MORE VALUABLE THAN THEY?" Matthew 6:25
>
>
> ***I am asked to watch over my life
>
> "Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's LIFE does not consist in the abundance of possessions." Luke 12:15
>
> "Watch your LIFE and your doctrine closely." 1 Timothy 4:16
>
> ***I am asked to not love my life and be willing to lay it down for the sake of others
>
> "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters- yes, even his own LIFE- he cannot be my disciple." Luke 14:26 ( this doesn't really mean God wants us to hate our family- He is teaching that NOTHING should come before Him. He is #1 priority)
>
> "Greater love has no one than this that he lay down his LIFE for his friends." John 15:13
>
> "I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me- the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." Acts 20:24
>
> "We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body. So then death is at work in us, but life is at work in you." 2 Corinthians 4:10
>
> ***Being born once, physically, is not enough. I must be born again- spiritually- if I am to have real, true, everlasting life.
>
> "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.' 'How can a man be born when he is old? Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!'  Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit." John 3: 3-6
>
> ****Knowing God and Jesus is what life is all about
>
> "This is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent." John 17:3
>
> ****At the end of my life, I will have to give an account to my Creator.
>
> "So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God." Romans 14:12
>
> "Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account." Hebrews 4:13
>
>
> ***What I do now, how I use this life He has given me affects my future ( Heaven- life with Him- vs. Hell- future life without Him and "treasures in heaven")
>
> "They will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them." Revelation 14:13
>
> "Store up for yourselves treasure in heaven..." Matthew 6:19
>
>
> Oh- I could go on and on. My time has ended as I hear Elyse (and have been listening to her the last 20 minutes). May our lives be pleasing to the Giver and Creator of Life. May we make the most of every opportunity. May we use His words to guide us into what is true as there are sooo many temptations and deceptions out there. May He give us the power to lay down our own lives. May we love Him sooooo much that we don't fail in obeying Him. Blessings from Bombadil. May your soul be watered and may you water another's soul. Kristy Joy Link


Lauren found her dream laptop. Find the PC that's right for you.