Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Matthew 10:27-42

Yeah! I got my haircut yesterday (nothing crazy different).  Thanks to a very kind and generous Crystal Witteveen, (thank you, thank you, thank you!) I now have that "fresh and clean" feeling.  Whenever I get my hair cut I cannot help but ponder that portion of Scripture in Matthew that speaks about hair:
"What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.  Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father.  AND EVEN THE VERY HAIRS OF YOUR HEAD ARE ALL NUMBERED. So don't be afraid; YOU ARE WORTH MORE THAN MANY SPARROWS.  Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven.  But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven. 
Do  not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn
'a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law-
a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'
Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and anyone who does not take up his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
 He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives the one who sent me. Anyone who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophets reward, and anyone who receives  a righteous man because he is a righteous man, will receive a righteous man's reward. And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones BECAUSE HE IS MY DISCIPLE (motive matters), I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward."

I was just going to write the words about hair, but I found myself wanting to know what came before and after.....the context. So let me just remind us of some important truths to meditate on today:
1. We need to speak up for Jesus.
2. It is a very serious matter to get things right with God before we meet Him face to face. 
3. Don't be afraid of death. It will come to us all. If you are right with God through belief and acceptance of Jesus, your soul will live on in paradise with Him.
One of my favorite quotes is, 'All men die. Not all men really live."
God is aware of ALL THINGS (Hebrews 4:13). He sees you......He knows the secrets of your heart and where you are at all times. Remember that song, "I always feel like, someone is watching me...and I have no privacy."
5. You are worth soooooooo much to Him. You are sooooo special.
6. GOD IS AMAZING! HE'S A GENIUS! HE'S BRILLIANT! HOW IN THE WORLD CAN HE KNOW THE NUMBER OF HAIRS ON THE HEAD OF EVERY SOUL THAT HAS WALKED THIS EARTH???? HE IS HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE AND WORTHY OF THE GREATEST AWE AND RESPECT!
7.Believing that truth, that He knows every detail of our life, should cause us to be peaceful and free from fear and worry.
8. There are serious consequences for disowning Him here on this earth.
9.Believing and accepting Jesus as truth will draw a line in the sand. It may cause division between you and those who don't believe. It all comes down to this,
You are either for Jesus or you are not. If you choose to be on His team, He is your first allegience- even over family.
10. We were created for Him. He wants to be our first love over everyone else.
11. We will, someday, be rewarded for all of our expressions of love because of our faith. Hang in there. He sees what is done in secret. You will be rewarded.
12. Jesus has a very tender heart toward little children and cares about them soooo deeply. He wants his followers to care as well.
Wow! All that just from getting a little ol' haircut. May His words sink deep, deep, deep into your soul today. Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Joy Link



Windows Live™ SkyDrive™: Get 25 GB of free online storage. Get it on your BlackBerry or iPhone.