Thursday, July 9, 2009

He is working!

On Saturday night, July 4, four of my children and myself spent the night at my parent's summer home at a camp called Sandy Pines. While we were enjoying our time together outside by the fire , my parent's neighbor came over to chat for awhile. It was no surprise that she came and desired to linger near my mom because my mom and dad have the Spirit of God in them; that Wonderful Spirit  of love, acceptance, and compassion.  Ever since I was a little girl my mom has always attracted and spent time with people who others have cast aside. This neighbor who lingered was a woman who for unknown reasons had a very deformed face. Having recently had a bump on my nose (which is gone now....yeah!) causing my spirit to be sensitve to issues of "beauty" and the "flesh", I couldn't get this woman off my mind. I found myself wondering what life is like for her. My spirit immediately began crying out to God, "what do you want to say to me through her? What do you
> want to teach me, Father?" and "What would you have me say to her? What does her soul need?"
>
> The woman left our gathering, but she did not leave my mind. We enjoyed the rest of our evening watching fireworks and lighting our own fireworks ( which was actually done by our 11yrs. old son much to his chagrin). At the end of the evening, I needed to go retrieve my van which had been parked at quite a distance from my parents. Upon arriving at the main street, I was greeted by the longest line of golf carts (the main mode of transportation at this camp) I have ever seen. I literally had to wait 10 minutes before I could simply run across the street without getting hit. I got into my van, turned it around and was very graciously let into this golf cart parade by some kind gentleman   only to find myself driving behind this woman who had been on my mind all night. There she sat in front of me, all alone on the back of a golf cart with my head lights shining on her ,highligting the face that could not be erased from my mind sall that evening.
>
> What was that? What is that? How is it that in this "sea of golf carts", after waiting and waiting for an opening to cross the road and then reenter into the parade, I end up behind the ONE face that had pierced my soul that evening?
>
> I drove behind her watching her and again, calling out to God on her behalf and mine.
>
> Two things I want to encourage you with.
>
> 1. "God is working in YOU." Phillipians 2:13. -
>
> He is working all around you to draw you close to Him and His thinking. He is working to draw your heart into things of heaven and not of this earth. I just read this morning,
>
> "They think only about earthly things. But we are citizens of heaven. And we can hardly wait for a Savior from there. He is the Lord Jesus Christ. He has the power to bring everthing under his control. By his power, he will change our earthly bodies. They will become like his glorious body." Phillipians 3:19-21
>
> 2. He wants to use you in the lives of those around you.
>
>
> God is God. He is in control of all things and His timing is perfect. He alone knows what is real, true, and at the end of this life. He alone knows what your soul and another's soul needs. May we be alert to His activity and open to what He wants to teach us.  Be observant of the people He brings into you life. May we live as citizens of heaven with our minds not too caught up in the things of this earth, the things that the Bible says are "temporary." May we be women who "walk by faith and not by  sight." May we be messengers to others of God's love, mercy, compassion, incredible goodness and the hope of Heaven that he offers to us. Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Joy Link


Hotmail® has ever-growing storage! Don't worry about storage limits. Check it out.