Monday, September 27, 2010

Mom Monday

Sometimes, in raising my 5 children, I can get a little discouraged with all the
issues that arise. I have a hard enough time dealing with my own weaknesses and
failures let alone those of 5 other precious souls. If I'm not careful I can
focus on  all the weaknesses and  obstacles before me and give way to an
overwhelmed, negative heart not  honoring God and  not bringing good things to
my family or my own soul.  

There is a story in Numbers about 12 spies that explored this place called
"Canan." Here's a little of the story:

"The Lord said to Moses, "Send some men to explore the land of Canaan, which I
am giving to the Isrealites......So at the Lord's command Moses sent them out
...... So they went up and explored the land.......At the end of 40 days they
returned from exploring the land.....They came back and reported to the whole
assembly......."We went into the land to which you sent us, and it does flow
with milk and honey! But the people who live there are powerful, and the cities
are fortified and very large...Then Caleb silenced the people before Moses and
said, "We should go up and take possession of the land, FOR WE CAN CERTAINLY DO
IT." But the men who had gone up with him said, "We CAN'T attack those people;
they are stronger than we are." And they spread among the Isrealites a bad
report about the land they had explored.... "The land we explored devours those
living in it. All the people we saw there are of great size. ..we seemed like
grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them.......That night
all the people of the community raised their voices and wept aloud.  All the
Isrealites grumbled....Then Caleb said, "The land we passed through and explored
in exceedingly good. If the Lord is pleased with us, HE WILL LEAD US into that
land, a land flowing with milk and honey, and WILL GIVE IT TO US. Only don't
rebel against the Lord. And don't be afraid  of the people of the land because
we will swallow them up. Their protection is gone, but the LORD IS WITH US.
Don't be afraid of them.......But the whole assembly talked about stoning
them.The Lord said to them, "How long will these people treat ME with contempt?
How long will they REFUSE TO BELIEVE IN ME, IN SPITE OF ALL THE MIRACULOUS SIGNS
I HAVE PERFORMED AMONG THEM?.......No one who has treated me with contempt will
ever see it (the land I gave them). But because my servant Caleb, has a
different spirit and follows me WHOLEHEARTEDLY, I will bring him into the land
he went to."  Numbers 13 & 14

As we parent these precious souls God has given us, may we refuse to FOCUS on
the negatives,treating God with contempt, instead may we  believe that

    * "If God is for us, who can be against us."

    * "He who began a good work in us (and our children) will carry it on to
COMPLETION." Phillipians 1:6

    "I can do ALL THINGS through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

    "He has made perfect forever those who are BEING MADE holy." Hebrews 10:14

    12 visited the land. 10 focused on their problems. Only 2 FOCUSED on the God
over their problems. May we be like the 2. The problems certainly need to be
addressed and cannot be ignored. But may the problems not become the FOCUS
causing us to lose heart and not believe in the promises of our Great God!
 Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Joy LInk

   


 "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so
that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on
account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26