"May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth. A
loving doe, a graceful deer- may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be
captivated by HER LOVE. Why be captivated, my son, by an adultress? Why embrace
the bosom of another man's wife?" Prov. 5:18-20
"Go eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for it
is now that God favors what you do. Always be clothed in white, and always
anoint your head with oil. Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all the
days of this meaningless life that God has given you under the
sun...."Ecclesiastes 9:7-9
"Another thing you do: You flood the Lords' altar with tears. You weep and wail
because he no longer pays attention to your offerings or accepts them with
pleasure from your hands. You ask, "Why? It is because the LORD is acting as the
witness between you and the wife of your youth, because you have broken
faith with her, though she is your partner, the wife of your marriage covenant.
Has not the Lord made them one? In flesh and spirit they are his. And why one?
Because he was seeking godly offspring. So GUARD (protect from harm; watch
over; defend, keep in check; supply with proper controls and checks;
safeguard;take precautions; secure; supervise entries and exits; furnish with a
protective piece) YOURSELF IN YOUR SPIRIT, and do not break faith with the wife
of your youth....................So GUARD yourself in your spirit, and do not
break faith." Malachi 2: 13-16
In efforts to do all of the above mentioned, to protect our spirits, our
marriage, to keep it fresh and to keep us connected, to HONOR marriage and
invest intentionally. to "enjoy life with your wife," Rob and I are taking off
for 10 days...just the two of us. It seems as if Satan is working overtime in
trying to steal the joy in my heart for having this opportunity. I have been
wrestling in my inner being from the moment I heard about this get away. Could
it be because one of Satan's most powerful weapons of destruction is breaking
down the connection between husband and wife opening them up to vulnerability
that can lead down a dead-end path? Is it not wise and worth every penny to
invest time, energy, money, and all your heart into a STRONG marriage?? I think
so...WHEW!! But let me tell you......the battle has been raging and I have been
fighting "LIES/peace stealing whispers hourly.
As we all journey and must choose whose voice we will listen to and believe,
may we PRAY HARD, may we know our Father's voice, His words given to us in the
Bible, (words that bring PEACE...Satan used God's words but twisted them and
used them to condemn and steal peace) may we be discerning and aware that we are
indeed in a battle and there is one out there who seeks to "steal, kill, and
destroy," a "hungry lion looking for someone to devour." May we be women who are
not decieved and are wise in our marriage relationships.
I apologize to all you women out there who are not married and for whom
"marriage talk" rubs up against your wounds. I love you so and believe me when I
say I FEEL your ACHE and I do not make light of your situation and the depth of
your desires. I understand if you delete this e-mail because of what it stirs up
in you.
As the old song goes, ' Pray for me and I'll pray for you...."
"Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to
face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." 1
Corinthians 13:12
Blessings from Bombadil...home of a woman Battling to not be deceived and to
hear my Father's voice. Kristy
p.s. I will be returning on the 12th of September.
"I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so
that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on
account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26