Thursday, September 30, 2010

"A Thankful heart is a happy heart...."

    While volunteering in the Preschool room at our church on Sunday, I was
incredibly blessed. I was blessed by all the children and their smiles &
imaginations. I was blessed by the opportunity to pour some love and Jesus into
some precious little souls. I was blessed to offer other parents the opportunity
to go worship child free (as I myself deeply appreciate and understand how
wonderful that can be). I was blessed by the company of my friend who responded
to God's prompting to answer the "111" call for help in the preschool,  and I
was REALLY blessed by the VeggieTale video we watched. It was the
Madame Blueberr one on "Thankfulness."  I suppose it struck me because I know
how my own heart can get at times, I experience my children's unthankfulness and
hunger for more and more things at times, and to see  and experience the BEAUTY
of a Thankful heart is soul-stirring. When faced with an opportunity to be
unthankful and to throw a fit, whine, complain, to want more and more new
things, the children in this video sang this song (which, by the way, I have
been humming ALL WEEK):

    "I thank God for this day,
For the sun in the sky,
For my mom and my dad,
For my piece of apple pie!
For our home on the ground
For His love that's all around
That's why I say thanks EVERYDAY (EVERYMINUTE)!

Because a thankful heart is a happy heart!
I'm glad for what I have,
That's an easy way to start!
For the love that He shares,
'Cuz He listens to my prayers,
That's why I say thanks everyday!

Thank you Dad for our day,
For our trip to the mall,
For the time just with me,
For my big red bouncy ball (the very small thing his dad could afford
when he REALLY wanted a train set) !
For the fun that we had,
I'm so happy you're my dad,
That's why I say thanks everyday!

Because a thankful heart is a happy heart!
I'm glad for what I have, that's an easy way to start!
For a God who really cares
and he listens to our prayers,
That's why I say THANKS everyday!

"Give THANKS in all circumstances...." 1 Thess. 5:17

"There willl be terrible times in the last days. People will
be.......UNGRATEFUL...." 2 Timothy 3:2

"Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us BE
THANKFUL, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe.." Hebrews 12:28


May we have thankful hearts this day. May we continually encourage our children
to have thankful hearts. May we make the teaching of our King attractive through
our obedience of being thankful. May we believe that good sermons can come from
anywhere........we don't just have to be in church............we can even get a
good sermon by helping out in the nursery or preschool. Blessings
from Bombadil. Kristy Joy Link 


 "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so
that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on
account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26