Monday, October 4, 2010

Happy Mom Monday.

I was standing in my bathroom the other day and I cried out to God, "Ahhhhh!
Raising children is soooo hard!" The intensity of my longing for there to be
peace, love, joy  and righteousness ( a.k.a. "The kingdom of heaven" Romans
14:17) in the hearts of each of my children, in myself and in my home is
stronger than my longing for a hot cup of coffee with LOTS of vanilla creamer 
in a cool mug on a cold, sleepy morning. My insides groan with a painful longing
for all of the Links to be like Jesus. All of a sudden, this truth from God's
word popped into my mind:

"My dear children, for whom I am again in the PAINS OF CHILDBIRTH  UNTIL Christ
is formed in you...." Galatians 4:19

"The pains of childbirth.." Ahhhhhh...I KNOW those pains. They are PAINS. There
is definately groaning and longing involved in childbirth.  There is a goal in
mind,....."GET THIS BABY OUT OF ME!"


So, there is a goal in mind for our children and for us.............."Christ
formed in them/us."

Ahhhhh Christ...the perfect one, selfless,merciful,  obedient, loving, joyful,
peaceful, kind, patient, good, gentle, faithful, and self-controlled.
Mmmmmmm...everything beautiful. Everything I want to be.


Like childbirth, it WILL be painful, but oh the joy in the end when Christ is
"formed."


May we pray, teach, believe, set an example, discipline & groan, and be
patient,strong,merciful, persevering and hopeful  until Christ is formed in
us and them,our precious gifts/rewards from above.

Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy

p.s. How does Paul even know about the pains of childbirth???


 "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so
that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on
account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26