Friday, October 22, 2010

An unopened love letter

I LOVE my children soooooooo much! I love to write them little notes to express that love, to encourage their souls, to offer them some words of wisdom and counsel. I pour all of me into these little notes, thinking very carefully about what it is that my children need to hear. I know and believe that words are POWERFUL.  I know that Jesus says:
 
"The WORDS I have spoken to you are spirit and they are LIFE." John 6:63
His words bring LIFE and as a mom I want nothing more than for my children to have REAL, DEEP, LIFE.
 
So, when I went into one of my children's rooms the other day and found one of the notes I had recently written which contained much LIFE for this child's soul, UNOPENED,...... I sighed involuntarily. My heart GROANED. I thought to myself,
 
"Ohhhhhhh, WHY did this precious child NOT read my words. All that time, thought , and LIFE I poured into this note only to find it sitting on this desk..........almost a week later..........unopened."
 
I Immediately said to God, "I get it, God. Oh how it must grieve your heart when we don't open your 'LETTER.' So much time, thought, wisdom, sacrifice, truth, hope, encouragement, counsel, and LIFE offered to us and yet for whatever reason, we treat your letter carelessly, missing out on soooooo much goodness for our souls."
 
PLEASE...........Don't let His "LETTER" sit unopened on your desk. READ IT! It is a LOVE LETTER. Your Father in heaven has something to say to you today. He knows exactly what words you need today. Whether they are words of correction (which is LOVE) or encouragement, He has words for you. He will not force you to read his words, but I can assure you and know with all my heart that God DEEPLY DESIRES you to read them. He loves you WAY MORE than I love my children. I know how grieved my heart was when I saw my  life-giving note unopened. How much more would the heart of "LOVE" and "LIGHT" be grieved  when we don't read and take to heart his words.
 
" Man does not live on bread alone but on EVERY WORD that comes from the mouth of God." Deuteronomy 8:3
 
"How does a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your WORD. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your WORD in my heart that I might not sin against you. Praise be toyou, O Lord; teach me your decrees. With my lips I recount all the laws that come from your mouth. I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches. I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways. I delight in your decrees; I WILL NOT NEGLECT YOUR WORD." Psalm 119: 9- 16
 
"Let the WORD of Christ dwell in you RICHLYL." Colossians 3:16
 
"For the WORD OF GOD is living and active. Sharper than any double- edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account." Hebrews 4:12
 
"Take to heart all the WORDS I have solemnly declared to you this day, SO THAT you may command your children to obey carefully all the words of this law. They are NOT JUST IDLE WORDS for you- they are your LIFE." Deuteronomy 32:46-47
 
"FIX THESE WORDS OF MINE IN YOUR HEARTS AND MINDS; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Write them on your doorframes of your houses and on your gates, SO THAT your days  and the days of your children may be many..........." Deuteronomy 11:18- 21
 
Blessings from Bombadil...........home of an unopened love letter, sitting on desk SCREAMING to be opened so that a precious soul can have LIFE!!!!! Kristy Joy LInk

"I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26