Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bewilderment from Bombadil

I have been CAPTIVATED by the rescue mission of the Chilean miners. All the time, all the money, all the people waiting, praying, hoping, and all the tears and celebration of them being rescued is BEAUTIFUL...................and convicting. I am finding myself really wrestling with this:
 
"Don't be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both body and soul in hell...." Matthew 10: 28
 
"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my words and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life..." John 5: 24
 
So much given to rescue 33 bodies of men and rightly so. It is beautiful! But oh, if it is the soul that is eternal, I am asking myself, how much am I willing to give to rescue the souls of men. And I am saying, "Kristy, do you really believe what you say you believe???"
 
Bewilderment from Bombadil.............Kristy
 


"I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26