Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Misrepresenting the King


 Did you know that you can study God's word, really love God and Jesus, think that you know Him and still speak wrongly of him or misrepresent him???
 
   In the book of Job, Job falls into some extremely difficult times and so 3 of his friends go and sympathize with him and comfort him. They stayed with him for 7 days and didn't say ANYTHING (that's amazing in my opinion).  They just sat with him and mourned with him. After the 7 days, ...they spoke.  They each knew God's words. They each THOUGHT they were speaking truth. In the end of the chapter, God says,
 
" I am ANGRY with you and your two friends BECAUSE you have NOT spoken of me what is right." ........My servant Job will pray for you, and I will accept his prayer and not deal with you according to your FOLLY. You have not spoken of me what is right...." Job 42:7 & 8
 
 
Ahhhhhhhh! I think I did this a few weeks ago. I am finding myself crying out to God saying,
 
"Oh God.........PLEASE don't let me misrepresent you. You are sooooo good and do everything right.  PLEASE forgive me where I have lacked wisdom and knowledge and been a fool"
 
May we continue to press on to know him, to know his words and his HEART, to know how he would respond to each person in each situation.
 
His word says,
 
"It is not good to have ZEAL without knowledge." Prov. 19:2
and
"I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge." Romans 10: 2
 
May we be extremely careful how we represent the King...Our King. When we fail and perhaps speak of him wrongly, may we acknowledge our "folly" and seek forgiveness and continue to grow in more and more wisdom and knowledge. Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Link
 
 
 

"I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26