We had a Link family photo shoot last night here at "Bombadil" with an amazing photographer, Brian Wolfe. We had soooo much fun capturing each of our children doing what they LOVE to do at our home. We got some great shots of Jake playing hoops, Max jumping on the trampoline, Zeke climbing a tree with his beloved monkey, Reese swinging on the "monkey bars", and Elyse cuddling with her favorite blanket while playing the harmonica ( a girl after my own heart) on the hammock. Of course, Rob and I had to get our photos taken too doing one of our favorite things: hugging and smooching under the arbor (ooooohhhhhhh.....actually, we both felt a little uncomfortable and like to save our smooching and hugging for more private places than under the arbor in front of our house). My husband, who actually HATES getting his pictures taken mentioned after all was said and done, that it was a GREAT evening. When I asked what the difference was between having Brian come to our home and take pictures this way vs. going to "Sears" or somewhere else he said, " Brian didn't force us to look a certain way. He let us and our children be ourselves and simply do what we love to do." Before the photo shoot, I read this verse to my children: " Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth- everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for MY GLORY, whom I formed and made." Isaiah 43:6 & 7 I wanted to make sure my children knew that this photo taking session isn't about us, but about bringing God glory through our lives and who he made us to be. Oh, how it brings God glory when we are who he made us to be, not something we are "forced" to be, something unnatural. I couldn't help but worship God as I saw each of our children, soooooo different, so unique, having freedom to do what they love to do. What kind of God comes up with a way to make billions of people, all with a different fingerprint, with different likes and interests, and yet all a part of a family, a small group, where they are all "One," belonging to the other members. May you do what you love to do and do it with all your heart. You bring God glory by being YOU! Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Link "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26 |