Monday, October 18, 2010

Mom Monday!

      Yesterday, I ran the G.R. half marathon with some friends. Every time I run a race, one of my favorite parts is running through the areas where a water station is set up, loud music is blaring, and people are everywhere cheering us on. Running the race gets tiring.There are times I think "Why am I doing this?" There are times I am sooo tired and I really want to quit.There are times that I am simply persevering and trying to focus on crossing the finish line. I will be really low on energy and then I will go through those stations where people are yelling, "You can do this!" "Your'e almost there." "Come on...hang in there ...your'e looking good."
All of a sudden, I have a little more energy. I'm encouraged and have a little bit more strength to keep going. Then I think to myself, "This is JUST a race. It's JUST a run. It really has no meaningful significance. Look at all these people who come out here to encourage and support all these runners."
     I wonder how we/I  are/am doing in encouraging and supporting people in the race of REAL LIFE. Life gets tiring. Moms get tired and think "What did I get myself into?" Maybe you are at that place in life as a mom where you are low in energy, want to quit, are simply persevering, and are in desperate need of some encouragement as a mom.  Well, allow me a moment to be your "water station, cheering section, and music blaring."
 
Did you know the Bible compares life to a race; Here is some water for your soul:
 
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us RUN WITH PERSEVERANCE THE RACE MARKED OUT FOR US. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him, endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood." Hebrews 12:1-4
 
"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown  that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." 1 Corinthians 9: 24-27
 
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the RACE, I have KEPT THE FAITH. Now there, is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day- and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing."
2 Timothy 4:7 & 8
 
 Here is some encouragement:
 
"Come on moms! You can do this! God is with you and loves your children more than you do."
 
"This time goes fast! Make the most of pouring into those precious souls. This is your window of opportunity!!!"
 
"You are making a HUGE difference in the lives of your children."
 
"Life is about LOVING GOD AND LOVING PEOPLE.  God desires you to LOVE HIM by LOVING your husband (His boy) and your children well. You are not 'JUST"  a mom...................you are GOD's hands and feet"
 
"You are AWESOME and have an AWESOME RESPONSIBILITY! YOU CAN DO THIS!"
 
"The finish line is coming, and you don't know when...run in such a way to win the prize.'
 
 
If I could play you some music, I would play you the song..........Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
"ALL YOU MAMMA LADIES, ALL YOU MAMMA LADIES..."
 
Run this race of motherhood and passing on the FAITH to your children STRONG!!!! YOU CAN DO IT! Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Joy Link
 
 
 
"I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26