heart of God in a deeper way.
This week I had a friend call me and ask if I ever call my husband bawling over
the stubborn disobedience of one of my children??? I replied with, "Weekly."
That might be a bit of an exaggeration, but not much. If I'm not callling my
husband bawling, I'm pouring out my sad and weary soul to my Heavenly Father.
The only words I could give to my friend was to use these experiences to
understand the heart of God and how we make Him feel when we don't do what He
says to do. God reveals himself as "Father/parent/mother" in Scripture. He feels
the same way about us as his children that we feel about our precious gifts when
they disobey us.
It's funny/sad how we are as humans where we can be appalled that our children
won't do what we say and then we turn around and do the exact same thing to God
without giving any thought or care to how we make him feel as our "Father" in
heaven.
As I have experienced the pain of stubborn, disobedient children, my prayers
have become more intense for God to help ME be an obedient child.
In Phillipians 3:10 it says,
'I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the FELLOWSHIP
OF SHARING IN HIS SUFFERINGS....."
As we parent our children, may we view it and accept it as part of "the
fellowship of sharing in his suffernings."
May we embrace it as part of a journey of growing in knowledge and in deeper
understanding of the heart of God. I am suffering this morning as I grieve over
some sin in one of my children's lives. I am keenly aware of just how much Jesus
hates sin because sin destroys. I am fellowshiping with Jesus, today.
Being a mom is hard on the soul, but oh the depth of understanding we can come
to as He opens our eyes to how our lives affect him.
Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Joy Link
"I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so
that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on
account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26