Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy 2012!

Happy 2012! Here's my own 2012 Mantra:
 
"In this year of 2012
Into God's Word deeper I'll DELVE!"
 
Have you seen the movie called "2012"?? It's one of those action packed movies about the world ending in 2012. Being the movie lover that my husband is, he has been leading our family in pondering the thought/idea from that movie,
 
 "What IF the world were to end in 2012? What would you do differently if you knew this was the last year of your life??"
 
It's a good question.
 
It's a hard question.
 
It's a motivating question.
 
Here is one thing I've come up with for ME.
 
" SO, I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them and are firmly established in the TRUTH. I think it is right to refresh your memory, as long as I live in the TENT of this body, because I know that I will soon put it aside...And I will MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO SEE THAT AFTER MY DEPARTURE YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ABLE TO REMEMBER THESE THINGS." 2 Peter 1:12-15
 
As it relates to my role as a mom..........if this were the last year of my life.......I want to pass on as much truth to my children as possible............So this year, I am going to make them a book of our home with all the symbols I have around it and the truths of God related to  each symbol so that, "After my departure they willl alwasy be able to remember"  what I've tried to teach them.
 
What would you do??
 
Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy LInk

"I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26