I had a man approach me last week at the YMcA and say "Kristy, you sure are lucky, aren't you?" I responded by saying to him, "I'm not sure I would use the word, "lucky," to which he quickly corrected himself and changed the word to "Blessed." I was then able to agree and say, "Indeed, I am." I shared with him a little on that day why I considered myself blessed, but this morning I was able to write my friend a note and share with him what Scripture says about being blessed. Below are a few of the truths I shared with him:
" BLESSED is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night." Psalm 1:1
"BLESSED are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you. BLESSED are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage." Psalm 84:4 & 5
"BLESSED is the man who fears the LORD, who finds great delight in his commands. His children will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be BLESSED." Psalm 112: 1 & 2
(I shared with him how I come from a heritage of people who have loved Jesus and his words, have taught me about him and his words from the time I was a baby, and I am simply experiencing the truthfulness of this Scripture.....if you are parenting right now, may you find great "DELIGHT IN HIS COMMANDS" that YOUR children may be blessed.)
"BLESSINGS crown the head of the righteous." Prov. 10:6
"Don't merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says!....the man who looks INTENTLY into the perfect law that gives freedom and continues to do this not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it- he will be BLESSED in what he does." James 1:22 - 25
"......the testimony of Jesus Christ. BLESSED is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and BLESSED are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near." Revelation 1:2 & 3
May we HEAR what God says! May we TAKE TO HEART and BELIEVE what he says! May we DO what he says!May we be BLESSED! Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Link