Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"Written in the Book..."

This morning I took a few moments to write down the cute ( and some not so cute) things my children have been saying and doing lately. As I was writing I heard the faintest whisper, "I do this for you too, Kristy." I found myself in an unexpected conversation with God asking him, "Do you really? Do you record things I do and say, God, as a mom/dad delighting in her/his children? I sat quietly before him for awhile pondering the wonder (and fear ) of that thought and then my mind was full of different truths that speak to the reality of what I had heard whispered in my ear. Listen to these pieces of Scripture:

" You have said harsh things against me," says the Lord.
    "Yet you ask, 'What have we said against you?'
    'You have said, 'It is futile to serve God. What did we gain by carrying out his requirements and going about like mourners before the Lord Almighty? But now we call the arrogant blessed. Certainly the evildoers prosper, and even those who challenge God escape.'
    Then those who feared the Lord talked with each other, and THE LORD LISTENED AND HEARD. A SCROLL OF REMEMBERANCE WAS WRITTEN IN HIS PRESENCE CONCERNING THOSE WHO FEARED THE LORD AND HONORED HIS NAME.
    "They will be mine,' says the Lord Almighty, "in the day when I make up my treasured possession. I will spare them, just as in compassion a man spares his son who serves him. And you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not."
Malachi 3:13-18

"The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.....Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are WRITTEN IN THE LAMB'S BOOK OF LIFE." Revelation 21: 27

"..........help these women who have contended at my side in the cause of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my fellow workers, WHOSE NAMES ARE IN THE BOOK OF LIFE." Phillipians 4:3


"So we make it our goal to please him..........for we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the THINGS DONE WHILE IN THE BODY, WHETHER GOOD OR BAD." 2 Corinthians 5:10

"Here is the conclusion of the matter:
    Fear God and keep his commandments,
for this is the whole duty of man.
For God will bring every deed into judgment ,
including every hidden thing,
whether it is good or evil."
Ecclesiastes 12:13 & 14

"Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything  is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account." Hebrews 4:13


So, my husband and I were having a disagreement about tile vs. painting the floor in our basement. I was feeling very selfish and insistent on wanting my own way.That is, until I spent time letting God's words have their  way with me. Realizing that even in these small things God has commanded me to "Love" and taught me that "Love does NOT INSIST UPON ITS OWN WAY." 1 Cor. 13: 5. Knowing that He has said, "Each of you should look NOT ONLY to your own interests, but also to the interests of  others." Phillipians 2:4
Reflecting on the greater reality that some day I will have to give account to my Creator for my decisions and deeply desiring that he write in his book, "Oh Kristy, today you and Rob had a disagreement and I was proud of you for choosing to  love him and not insist that you have tile but consider his opinion in this matter as well." Knowing and believing that there will be a day when I will meet my Maker and have to answer for the deeds done in the body has affected how I will handle this situation with my husband. May your decisions be affected today and every day by the Scriptures that teach us that He is indeed watching our lives and He is soooo pleased whevenver we choose LOVE. I don't know exactly what it will look like, but Scripture is clear that our lives are being recorded by the One who loves us more than anyone else and we will have to answer to Him. Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Link