Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My name

Last night I spent a good hour of my evening deleting 4,626 contacts that a deceiver added to my address book. It's my fault, I know, and I take full responsibility for being computer naive and gullible. I received a message a few days ago from "AT & T" telling me they needed my e-mail and password for some reason and if I didn't send it to them my e-mail would not be working in a matter of days. So,having come to value deeply my e-mail and not wanting to lose it,  I sent "AT & T" my password. Now, I am reaping the consequences of my naivete.  According to my "sent" box, "Kristy LInk" is sending out all kinds of something about an Asian lottery. I have no idea what the implications are involved in all this.  I am sooooo ANGRY that someone is using MY NAME to send out a message that I AM NOT SENDING!  My name is being misused! A name of a soul that has been captivated by God and is seeking to use her life to bring honor to His name is now being
deceitfully used to scam people with some kind of "fake" lottery thing.  I keep thinking two things:

1. If I, a very  imperfect, human being is troubled by the misuse of my name, HOW MUCH MORE must our PERFECT GOD, be so deeply troubled when His name is misused.

"Do not misuse the name of the Lord your God."Exodus 20:7


2. I wonder how sad and angry God must feel when we send messages to people about Him or from Him that are not really about him or from him at all. I just read:

"You have wearied the LORD with your words. "How have we wearied him?" you ask. By saying, "All who do evil are good in the eyes of the LORD, and he is pleased with them" or "where is the God of justice?"
Malachi 2:17

These people who are received these messages that I apparently have sent, have no idea who I am and so they have no idea whether they are really from me or not. Hopefully, the people who know me would know that I would NEVER send something like that. The best way to know if a message is really from God is to know God and His words. The best way to be one of God's messengers is to know God and to know his words.

May we not misuse the name of our God and may we get to know him so well that we can discern between what messages are from him and which ones are from an imposter/deceiver seeking to destroy us. Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Link

ps. I am having trouble with my computer due to this incident. So if you have sent me an e-mail  within the last two days I don't think I've received it. Sorry.