Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day.It was soooo good for my soul to read about his life this morning, especially after last night. I had shared with you that I was going to have the  opportunity to speak to "Big sisters & little sisters," from Kalamazoo, and last night was the night. I couldn't believe how nervous I felt. It was so different than going into a church and speaking to a group of women who I know believe. I was speaking to  girls and women who may sit there staring at me like I'm crazy because they don't believe at all. I know through experience that the name of Jesus can produce some SERIOUS negative reactions.   I found myself praying a TON yesterday in preperation for this event and having to tell myself over and over the following truths:

" If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels." Luke 9:26


"I am NOT ASHAMED of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes." Romans 1:16

"Don't be ashamed to testify about our Lord.." 2 Timothy 1:8

I kept saying to God, "I'm not ashamed of you, but it sure is a lot easier speaking of you with people who already believe." I kept thinking that if I feel this way in a country where there is great freedom to speak of God, how are my friends doing it in other countries that are hostile to Jesus and persecute/kill those who take a stand for his name? 

In his autobiography,  CONFESSIONS, St. Patrick wrote: "As every day arrives, I expect either sudden death or deception or being taken back as a slave or some other misfortune. But I fear none of these, since I look to the promise of heaven and have flung myself into the hands of the all-powerful God, who rule as Lord everywhere."

May we be faithful to the One who gave up his life for us. May we be bold and fearless when it comes to declaring what we believe about Jesus Christ....no matter what comes............just like St. Patrick. Happy St. Patricks day!
Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Link

p.s. I'm taking my children( & myself) out for a shamrock shake tonight at the McDonalds on Stadium drive around 6:30p.m. I'd love to have you join me.

 "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26