"Jesus, please save me from your followers."
I deeply desired to follow that truck until I could ask him "why??? What have you experienced from people who claim to follow Jesus??" Not having the time to follow through on that desire, I made a right turn while he turned left and drove off into the distance with his incredibly disturbing heart on his window for all to see.
Immediately, my heart turned to prayer apologizing to God on behalf of his followers, myself included.
"Oh Father, I am sooo sorry. You are sooooooooooooo incredibly beautiful, sooooo attractive and winsome, you are love, you are light, you are gooc, you are wise, etc.......everything I want to be.It breaks my heart that people might not want YOU because of our lives. Show me where I might be turning people off from you. Show me where I might be walking in disobedience to your commands or in a lack of wisdom. I'm thinking of the truths you've given us:
" You who preach against stealing, do you steal? You who say that people should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery?.....You who brag about the law, do you dishonor God by breaking the law? As it is written: "God's name is blasphemed (reviled, railed against) among the Gentiles because of you."
"He guides me in paths of righteousness for HIS NAME'S SAKE." Psalm 23
Oh God, your name is sooo awesome. May that bumper sticker NOT BE SAID OF US!"
"Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14
"Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them, and not to steal from them but to show that they can be fully trusted so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior ATTRACTIVE. For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions and to live self-controlled, upright godly lives..... Titus 2:9-12
May we love God and His name soooo much that we deeply desire to live for the sake of making his name great May we understand that people may either be drawn to God or pushed away from him because of our lives.
"Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord MUST turn away from wickedness." 2 Timothy 2:19
As we go out today into our world, may we be wise in everything we say and do knowing that either our obedience to his teachings or disobedience is affecting those around us who God deeply loves and wants to reveal himself to. May we know Him and make him known .............NOT have people pray to him for protection from us. Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy LInk
P.s. We all know we are not perfect, hence our need for God, but God's word does say to "aim for perfection." (2 Corinthians 13:7-11). If we do something wrong making God's name less than desirable, for the sake of His name, may we be quick to apologize to whoever observed our ungodliness helping people see it's our "going our own way" that is unattractive NOT GOD HIMSELF.
"I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26