snuggles in your bed looking at pictures of your child's birth, tickles & whispers of "I love you sooo much...etc..." }
One of the children that needed me this week early in the morning was one of my precious son's who needed to write an apology note to his teacher for some things that happened in class. As everything in life requires balance, just as we disciplined this "gift" of ours and brought down the hammer, we also needed to speak life giving truth in a way that was memorable. I had been at Micheals during this situation and found this little eraser for $1.oo that said "All gone." I also found a cool little box, also for $1.00 and put the eraser in there. Later that day when my son got home, I had him open the "treasure box" and find the eraser inside. I shared with him that although we make mistakes Jesus has "erased" them and says they are "All gone" in his eyes if we only confess and receive his gift. God's word says:
" For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more." Jeremiah 31:34
" I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more." Isaiah 43:25
"For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. " Psalm 103:12
"Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. But when THIS PRIEST had offered for ALL TIME one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God. Since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool, because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy." Hebrews 10: 11-14
"Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. But now, he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, WITHOUT BLEMISH AND FREE FROM ACCUSATION- IF you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel." Colossians 1:21-23
Jesus "erases" are sins/ "no no's"/ wrongdoings and makes them "all gone." May we give our children this wonderful message as much as needed, in as many ways possible until it sinks in deeply into their soul and they are forever grateful to the One who has done this for them. Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Link
"I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26