Thursday, May 6, 2010

Inspired!

Inspiration, the stimulation of the faculties through an agency such as a person, that MOVES the intellect or emotions, can come when you least expect it. The other day I was sitting at Lincoln Elementary  in Kalamazoo, Michigan watching my son's flag football game. I had chosen to sit next to a family that I knew a little, but not as well as I had wanted to. As the mom and I were chatting, her daughter, who happened to be the only girl on this all-boy team, came off the field as first-time quarterback and into her mom's loving arms as probably not the first time crying daughter. Sitting next to the mom, I couldn't help but overhear what exactly was causing these tears.  Let me tell you, it was NOT what I expected!  This was her very first time ever playing quarterback and as any firsttime anything, there was some room for improvement.  Some of the boys on her team began complaining and wanted to put in someone different. If that had
been me (and it wouldn't have because I don't even think I'd have the guts to be the only girl on an all boy team anyways!) my tears would have come because I wasn't doing a good job and I would have been full of self-pity hearing all kinds of "Failure"  & "Just quit!" whisperings.  That was NOT why this precious little girl was crying. She was crying because the boys on the team didn't want her to KEEP TRYING. She knew she wasn't the best quarterback, but she desired the opportunity to posssibly BECOME the best by being willing to fail, to keep trying and not give up, and to refuse to let her "failure" define her.

Maybe some of you are just like her and have this BEAUTIFUL tenacious spirit. If so, I'm "envious." I , personally, do not naturally have this spirit, but I see it and it inspires me. It breathes life into my soul. I believe it speaks of the truths of God:

1.  It's a NON- PEOPLE PLEASING spirit:

"Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe." Prov. 29:25

"Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would no be a servant of Christ." Galatians 1:10

2. It's a FEAR-LESS spirit:

    " There is no fear in love. Perfect love casts out fear" 1 John 4:18

    "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity(fear), but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."
     2 Timothy 1:7

3. It's an, "I CAN DO THIS!" spirit:

    "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4: 13

    " Everything is possible for him who believes."Mark 9:23

4. It's a PERSEVERING spirit:

    " For though a righteous man falls 7 times, he rises again." Prov. 24:16

    "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial...." James 1:12


Another definition of the word, "Inspiration" is - DIVINE guidance or influence exerted directly upon the mind and soul of man.

Oh my friends- Our God knows us each individually. He knows all of our strengths and weaknesses. He knows who we are now and who he desires us to become. He knows our deepest need at any given time. This situation may not have inspired you because perhaps it's not your "issue." But we all have "issues." We all have hidden thoughts, fears, ways of thinking and being that God wants to address. He is whispering to us all the time, sometimes through people or things that INSPIRE us and sometimes through other things/ways.  When was the last time you were inspired or " moved deeply in your soul being guided or influenced by God?" God speaks through people, nature, etc.... Pay CLOSE attention to your own soul and what affects it. Ask yourself, "Why did that just move me???  What is God trying to say to me?"

"Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and LEAD me in the way everlasting." Psalm 139:23 & 24

May you be inspired today. And may you hear God speaking to you through it. Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Joy Link

   

   

 "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26