Friday, June 4, 2010

16 years

On this June 4, 2010 I am celebrating 16 years of marriage with Mr. Roberto Link! In honor of 16 years - I've got 16 truths how our marriages on earth are symbolic of our walk with God/committment to Jesus.

1. Set apart for ONE-


2. Yearning/longing-

3. Mysterious


4. Bride Belongs to Bridegroom- "The BRIDE belongs to the BRIDEGROOM. The friend who attends                                                                 the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the                                                 bridegroom's voice....He must become greater; I must become less."
                                                John 3:29 & 30


5. One and Only

6. Love for Life

7. Invited


8.Committment


9. Marriage bed-  


10.Accept


11.Rejoice... "As a bridegroom REJOICES over his bride, so will your God REJOICE over you." Isaiah 62:5


12. Radiant..."Husbands love your wives, just as Christ loved the Church and gave himself up for her to make                    her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word and to present her to himself                     as a RADIANT church, w/o stain, wrinkle, or any other blemish, but holy and blameless."
                    Eph 5;25-27

13. I

14. Adultery- "Go take yourself an adulterous wife and children of unfaithfulness because the land is guilty of                         the vilest adultery in DEPARTING FROM THE LORD." Hosea 1:2


15. Godly jealousy- " I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so                                 that I might present you as a pure virgin to him." 2 Corinthians 11:2


16. E

Oh Bummer- I'm out of time. Sorry. I wanted to make an acronym for "SYMBOLIC MARRIAGE,"(which includeds 1 letters)  because I believe that Jesus is seeking to communicate to us that our relationship to him is like a marriage. We are the bride, he is the bridegroom and heaven is our wedding reception. Just as if a man asks us to marry him we must give him a response......so it is with God. He has asked us to "marry him.,"  to be committed to him, and him alone.........NO OTHER LOVERS ( things/people that take priority over him), until death do us part. He is waiting for our response and expects us to be faithful to him. Just as adultery hurts deeply, soo sooooo deeply, our leaving Jesus feels the same way to his heart. We belong to him and him alone.  Ahhh- I'm sorry. So many thoughts, so little time. I hope this does something to your soul.  Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Link

 "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26