We took Reese in yesterday to get her wound checked out. They reminded me of the importance of dressing the wound carefully so that it doesn't get infected, spread into her leg and lead to something more dangerous. Dressing the wound as though this is serious is very important. Listen to Gods' words:
"From least to the greatest, all are greedy for gain;prophets and priests alike, all practice deceit. THEY DRESS THE WOUND OF MY PEOPLE AS THOUGH IT WERE NOT SERIOUS. "Peace, peace,' they say, when there is no peace. Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when I punish them," says the Lord. This is what the Lord says, "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. But you said, "We will not walk in it.'... Hear, O earth: I am bringing disaster on this people, the fruit of their schemes, because they have not listened to my words and have rejected my law. What do I care about incense from Sheba or sweet calamus from a distant land? Your burnt offerings are not acceptable; your sacrifices do not please me."
Jeremiah 6:13-20
SIN IS SERIOUS!!!!
*Sin leads to death
"If you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body you will live, because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God." Romans 8:13 & 14
*Our sin is what nailed Jesus to the cross
*Our sin seperates us from God here on earth
"Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short tosave, nor his ear too dull to hear. But your iniquities(sins)have seperated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you...." Isaiah 59:1 & 2
*Our sin will seperate us from Him forever if we do not confess our sin,seek His forgiveness, and acknowledge that Jesus is who he says he is, the Son of God:
"I am going away, and you will look for me, and you will die in your sin. Where I go you cannot come (heaven).' This made the Jews ask, "Will he kill himself? Is that why he says, "where I go, you cannot come'?" But he continued, "You are from below: I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins: if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you wil indeed die in your sins." John 8: 21-24
Sin is serious! May we heed the Doctor's orders who deeply desires us to be healthy and whole and dress our wounds carefully- making sure we seek God for forgiveness when we sin, aiming to follow the Spirit of God who leads us to NOT sin, and believing him when he says that all sin leads to harm/death.........death in peace, death in relationships, death in joy, death in abundant life, etc....
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not is us. If we CONFESS our sins, he is faithful and just and will FORGIVE US OUR SINS and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives." 1 John 1:9
God doesn't want our souls to get infected. He loves us so much. He doesn't want to have to amputate. He wants us to take sin seriously. May we heed the Great Physician's orders and say "No to ungodliness and worldly passions." Titus 2:12. Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Link
"I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26