We do this all the time. That is, bring our questions to the wrong people, people who either don't know the answer or shouldn't answer because it doesn't matter what they think. Questions like,
*"What should I do with my life?" "What should I do in this situation?"
* "Am I beautiful?"
* "Am I acceptable?"
* "Am I special?"
* "Do I have worth?"
* "What do I need?"
* "If I do _______, what will you think about me?"
Gods' word says that we exist "For Him." We are here on this earth to "Please Him."
"Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.'Prov. 29:25
"Am I now trying to win the approval of men or God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ." Galatians 1:10
"When a mans' ways are pleasing to the Lord, he makes even his enemies live at peace with him." Prov. 16:7
"Don't be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul.Rather, BE AFRAID of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." Matthew 10:28-31
"So, we make it our goal to please HIM, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad." 2 Corinthians 5:8-10
May we bring our questions to God first. He most certainly uses people to help guide us and counsel us, and "each of us should please our neighbor for his good, to build him up," (Romans 15:2).However, our first priority is to live for God and bring our lives before him before we live for other people. God is so awesome, that when we live to please him and we grow in wisdom and in favor with God, we also grow in favor with men. Live to please God first and you will have rest for your soul. Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy LInk
"I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26