I have a friend who I love very much, but who doesn't appreciate my "obsession" with God. I most certainly respect a person's freedom of choice (although I can't help believe that if she knew what I knew about Him, she too would become "obsessed") This particular friend of mine has a friend that I have met a few times on different occassions. It has been interesting to me that over the Christmas holiday, my path has crossed with this woman (the friend of my friend) 2 times in interesting places. When my path crosses with someone a few times in a short period of time I sense that God is up to something. I usually being praying for that person and often share with them that I believe God sees them and knows what they need. This time however, was a little different for me. Although I really believed that God wanted me to speak to this woman and be his "Message girl," letting her know what I have come to experience time and time again and believe in the deepest part of me, that He sees her & loves her, I found it a bit more difficult knowing that this was a friend of my other friend who doesn't appreciate my love for God. I had to fight off many different whispers and make a firm decision in my mind and heart of who I am on this earth for. I repeated these verses over and over in my mind, "We must obey God rather than men!" Acts 5:29 and "Like the coolness of spring at harvest time is a trustworthy messenger to those who send him; he refreshes the spirit of his masters." Poverbs. 25:13 "I believed therefore I have spoken." "Let the one who has my word SPEAK IT FAITHFULLY....." Jeremiah 23:28 Thankfully, as God always goes BEFORE us,preparing us for how he wants to use us, I had just read this quote: "Make visible what, without you, might perhaps never have been seen." -Robert Bresson We have a MESSAGE. There are people out there who NEED us who have God's words to SPEAK IT............FAITHFULLY. May we make it our goal to please GOD and not men who would rather have us shut our mouths about our God. It is Him that we are here for.............not people. May we make HIM and his activivity visible what others might not be seen. ' Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Link I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26 |