This weekend, my family drove down to Indiana to attend a retirement party for my Mother-in-law who is a Pastor at a church down there. Her church did a fantastic job of saying "thank you" and "good-bye" with an enjoyable evening of amazing appetizers, a delicious dinner and a memorable "open mic." I enjoyed everything about the evening but I especially enjoyed watching 2 of my sons (Max and Zeke........Jake was off watching our two youngest girls) delight in hearing about how their grandma's faith and service to our King affected the lives of many people. With every word of honor that was spoken they would smile. I was sooo thankful that my children got to see and hear about the faith of their grandma (not that they don't see it whenever they are with her) and the effects of that faith. I only wish they had the opportunity to experience that for each of their grandparents because my children have been INCREDIBLY blessed to have ALL their grandparents love the Lord, be "Useful to the Master" and make a difference in the kingdom of God and many, many lives. Through this honoring of my children's grandma, I am reminded of these Scriptures: "I thank God, whom I serve, as my forefathers did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers. Recalling your tears, I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy. I have been reminded of your SINCERE FAITH, which FIRST LIVED IN YOUR GRANDMOTHER LOIS AND IN YOUR MOTHER EUNICE AND , I am persuaded, now lives in you also." 2 Timothy 1:3- 5 On this "Mom Monday" may I hold up the POWER of SINCERE FAITH in YOU/US and the effects it can have on our children and grandchildren. Sincere- Not feigned; true.........Presenting no false appearance; not hypocritical; honest; genuine; pure Sincere Faith is attractive. Our children do not want us to be fake. It is NOT attractive to tell our children to not lie, gossip, be generous, and then for them to see us lie, gossip and not be generous. It is not powerful to go to church with our children, but them not see God affect our daily lives and choices. A "Sincere Faith" is not just "claiming" to love God. Many "claim" to know or love God. "They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. " Titus 1:16 "If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin." 1 John 1:6-7 "We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. The man (mom) who says "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him." 1 John 2:3 & 4 To have a "Sincere Faith" we must seek to be guided on a DAILY/HOURLY basis by His words and Spirit. We must seek to Obey Him above all things. His Spirit MUST LIVE in US FIRST. This IS ATTRACTIVE. I am convinced that one of the reasons I am sooo passionate about Jesus and his teachings is because I have a mom and dad who had a "sincere faith" and I SAW it lived out DAILY in the way they lived and treated me and every one I saw them interact with. It may very well be that you have a "Sincere Faith" without having had it first live in your mom or grandma, however, the influence of an alive, sincere faith being passed down from one generation to another is POWERFUL. So moms (and grandmas), may your faith be real. May it be genuine. May it be alive and daily. May your children see it and may it have a huge influence in their lives. You ARE making a difference. Blessings from Bombadil. Kristy Link "I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Phillipians 1:25 & 26 |